Sunday, December 6, 2009

To Myspace or Not to Myspace.... Why is this a question?

I have been struggling with the idea of getting a Myspace page. I know that it is a fad that may eventually die out, but still, why not? I don't like to follow the crowd it is not my thing. I have always stood out amongst everyone. I can't help that I am different, and my page would definitely reflect that about me. The only thing is would I be able to keep up with it? Heck, I barely keep up with 360 here.



I blog for myself even if there is no one to read it. It's just like writing only people will cross it every once and a while. Anyway.... Is there anyone out there that has been trying to decide whether to get a myspace or has one that can help, or that doesn't have one and tell me you're opinion about it.



What makes myspace so special?



To Myspace or Not to Myspace.... Why is this a question?

Well for starters future employers may look at your Myspace page and judge you not only for the content you put on but make decisions based on your friend list. Kind of that "guilt by association" thing. Imagine if you were applying for job in a bank for instance and someone that visited your myspace page had been arrested for grand larceny. You don't end up getting the job. Why? Well it's a good possibility that they (the bank )didn't want to take on that risk. They don't know if you know this person or if he's just a "virtual" friend. So they use the information that suits them best.



To Myspace or Not to Myspace.... Why is this a question?

nothing its just somthing to do so you can kill time at night.



To Myspace or Not to Myspace.... Why is this a question?

I like myspace, it is another way to keep in touch with friends and I am not the social butterfly. but I have been reunited with friends that I haven't seen in years on myspace. I mostly communicate with real friends on there. Not too much for being friends with strangers that you never really know who they are.



To Myspace or Not to Myspace.... Why is this a question?

I held off on getting one for a really long time, but finally signed up last October. It was a safety issue with me, but a lot of my friends were on it and none of them had any problems with it. Its really nice to keep in touch with some friends I haven't seen or talked to in a while. I am not on as much as I used to be because it does kind of get old, but I say go for it. You can always get rid of it if you decide its not for you. It was addicting at first so make sure you have time to spend on it and shouldn't be doing other things.



To Myspace or Not to Myspace.... Why is this a question?

I had a myspace before it blew up like it did. I'm talking years ago. And back then it was kinda fun. But now it's so boring and full of spam and advertisements. It has become commercial. Not to mention everyone on myspace thinks they are important. I wouldn't do it dear. Do something else that you enjoy more. If you like to write, then write. You don't need to record it online. Get out and enjoy life.



To Myspace or Not to Myspace.... Why is this a question?

Why not get your very own "My Space", just don't give any of your secrets away. No address, no real name, no photo, no name of the school you attend, or streets near you. No real names of friends, or even your pet's name(s); in other words be smart and use common sense. There are people out there who can find you equipped with the minimum of clues.



To Myspace or Not to Myspace.... Why is this a question?

I think the problem with myspace is that it is so easy to take advantage of those people who are naive. There are many people who surf myspace looking for underage children. You don't say how old you are, but I would take another think about doing it. If you are careful...very careful, there shouldn't be any harm in it. But don't give out any personal information, even to the town or city, or pet names etc....it's very easy to track...once you know how. If you are looking for interactions, look at websites that have forums, with your type of interests. Sports, animals, etc. They aren't maybe quite as fun, but they are better monitored. Good luck.



To Myspace or Not to Myspace.... Why is this a question?

I think that there are 2 sides to myspace. The innocent side where you use it to keep in touch with friends, as a networking tool, or as a place to meet new people. The raunchy side where pedophiles are drooling over half naked teenie boppers pictures, stalkers and stuff like that.



Myspace is basically what you make it out to be. You can set your page to private so random people don't look at it or you can set it to public and have everyone look at it.



Just like with any online sites that allow you to interact with others you have to be careful. The best thing is, if you don't like it, you can log off.



To Myspace or Not to Myspace.... Why is this a question?

I personally think Myspace is addictive and dangerous I think of it as being addicted to death



becuase there are so many Perverts on myspace waiting for kids and people to kill



To Myspace or Not to Myspace.... Why is this a question?

It's fun.



I listen to music, check out new bands, keep in touch with friends, get a hold of old ones, and meet new ones. I met my now best friend on it :-)



To Myspace or Not to Myspace.... Why is this a question?

Myspace is just like friendster, livejournal and even Yahoo! Answers in a way. Personally, I have a MySpace but my friends I have in real life are added on my page or my family is and my profile is set to "private".



MySpace is another popularity contest to make people feel validated. It allows people to post pictures and/or blogs that say "LOOK AT ME".



It's a cool way to keep in contact with people but most have used it as a way to re-live High School.



To Myspace or Not to Myspace.... Why is this a question?

myspace really isnt that special. its just something to do.



if you really only blog for your self, and don't care to meet new people or whatever, consider getting and Xanga. and xanga.com



its a blog site, and you can get comments and input from other users. but it was made for BLOGGING but myspace was made for friends.



To Myspace or Not to Myspace.... Why is this a question?

I like myspace only because I've been able to meet up with ppl that I haven't talked to in 15 years

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web ftp hosting